Coming soon.....

What I'm reading now: If the Dead Rise Not (Bernie Gunther Novels) by Phillip Kerr

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Daily Digest- Arctic Chill Part 6



Finished!
Just finished up Arctic Chill: A Thriller (Reykjavik Thriller)
yesterday and I have to say it wrapped up a little too quickly for me. The solution to the crime was convincing but SPOILER ALERT I wish the murderer was on the radar sooner in the book. I'm not a huge fan of stories where the murderer is a character introduced right before the solution of the crime. One of the fun aspects of reading crime fiction is trying to figure out the solution alongside the fictional sleuths. This book disappointed in that respect, in fact, some of the most promising leads were total duds and I'm not sure why they were included, especially the Andres character and his stepfather.

Of course despite my criticism Indraidson has struck gold again, overall the book is a page turner, even if it takes a little bit of time to get into the story. And there is a wonderful "Ah Ha!" moment as Erlender finally solves the crime.

Well done!

No comments: